Food and Fashion Brands, Farming, Processing
TIPA® compostable packaging imitates nature’s packaging by using materials that mimic the qualities of plastic yet biodegrade into nourishing compost and return safely to the biosphere, leaving behind the same nutrients left by organic waste. TIPA focuses on the food and fashion industries, two segments with a very high volume of flexible packaging.
Conventional flexible plastic packaging, particularly films and multilayered plastic packaging is nearly impossible to recycle.
TIPA developed a packaging that mimics the qualities of plastic yet is made of materials that return safely to the biosphere. TIPA’s fully compostable film and laminate packaging solutions break down into water, CO2, and biomass (just like organic matter) under industrial and home composting conditions. All packaging is available as transparent, metalized, or tinted single ply films and multi-ply laminates.
- Stella McCartney
- The Happy Pear
- Compostable packaging
- 09/08/2022 – TIPA & Aquapak announce collaboration on research-led packaging material
- 15/02/2022 – SILBO and TIPA Prove Compostable Alternatives Offer Ideal Solution for Flexible Films and Packaging
- 08/02/2022 – SUNRAYS Launch Market’s First Home Compostable Grape Bag
- 03/01/2022 – Israeli compostable packaging firm nabs $70m investment
- 19/02/2021 – TIPA assists Riverford with pivot to compostable packaging
- 09/09/2019 – TIPA closes $25m growth financing round