Organic waste valorization
Farming, Processing, Retail, Logistics, HaFS
Purpose-built farms that grow and transform insects into proteins and oils for animal feed and fertilizer for agriculture. The insects are fed with biowaste, closing the biological loop.
By 2050, food production will need to increase by more than 70% to meet the needs of our planet’s growing population(1). This means massively increasing protein production today.
Ynsect offers an alternative valorization for biowaste, producing a source of protein to feed animals and plants, and eventually human beings.
The company’s first vertical insect farm, currently under construction in the north of France, will be a carbon negative operation.
- Over $100M worth of commercial contract already concluded
- 100 times less agricultural land
- 29/03/2022 – France’s Ynsect expands in U.S. pet food market with Jord buy
- 11/12/2021 – Ÿnsect partners with ultra-premium pet food startup on first commercial product
- 18/05/2021 – Ÿnsect breaks ground on ‘world’s largest’ vertical farm for insect ingredients
- 15/04/2021 – Ÿnsect announces acquisition of Protifarm