Organic waste valorization
An on-site anaerobic digester that turns biodegradable waste (domestic and commercial) into biogas, electricity, heat and liquid fertilizer. The solution is a closed system with no sound or smell.
In the heart of Amsterdam, the Waste Transformer converts organic waste from ten restaurants, two theaters, a micro-brewery and many creative industries. This former gas coal plant and the surrounding area has been transformed into a buzzing, healthy park.
The collective organic waste from the park in Amsterdam is transformed into green energy, compost and fertilizer that makes the park bloom even more. Restaurants and hotels can now turn their organic trash and kitchen waste into clean energy and directly use this to power their business.
- City of Amsterdam
- City of Cape Town
- City of Freetown
- 3T of organic waste converted into energy every day.
- 16/05/2022 – Freetown Waste Transformers secures USD 3.9 million for waste vaporization in Freetown
- 12/05/2022 – CI2 enters a DFA with Waste Transformers to develop waste to value in Freetown, Sierra Leone
- 02/2022 – Co-powering the IKEA Haarlem store (NL) with a Waste Transformer
- 07/01/2022 – The 6 (and counting) countries we expand to in 2022
- 01/06/2021 – Amsterdam Arena using organic fertilizers
- 20/06/2021 – Officially labeled as a Solar Impulse Efficient Solution