Measuring and Reporting
A smart scale that helps kitchens to monitor how much and what kind of food is being thrown away.
The kitchen team at IKEA in Southampton (UK) managed to reduce food waste by an incredible 75%.
Winnow’s smart scale was chosen as one of two solutions to help IKEA achieve its ambition to halve food waste at all stores.
Using the smart scale, IKEA can understand the source of its food waste, measure it, and therefore reduce it.
Winnow has been used successfully at the Southampton store since December 2016, helping to save over 52,000 meals to date
- 36,5 millions meals saved up to date
- 10/02/2022 – The Future of Food Waste Reduction – with Winnow. TTN 591
- 09/02/2022 – ISS commits to the Cool Food Pledge
- 23/09/2021 – Melco combines advanced technology with the latest thinking in behavioral science to cut plate waste by 35%
- 19/09/2021 –
- 09/07/2021 – ISS Announces Program to Cut Food Waste in Half by 2024
- 07/06/2021 –