Measuring and Reporting
The PLEDGE™ on Food Waste is a practical and scalable certification scheme to cut food waste. It helps restaurants to drastically reduce waste, cut costs, enhance their image, and foster collaboration with complimentary food waste solution providers.
The Singapore-based third-party audited certification and benchmarking system is articulated around 7 key pillars: Process Documentation, Employee Commitment, Food Waste Monitoring System, Food Handling Before Preparation, Food Preparation and Offering, Customer Engagement and Post Consumer.
The PLEDGE™ encourages food operations to aim for zero food waste to landfill. The full process is online, and the recommended food waste monitoring methodology has been designed to align with the UN’s Draft Food Loss and Waste Standard. The full certification process through to audit usually takes 4 to 6 months.
- Høst by Cofoco, Denmark
- Goji by Marriott Marquis, Thailand
- JW Cafe by JW Marriott, Thailand
- lan, Thailand
- Raintree by Athenee, Thailand
- Momo Cafe by Courtyar, Thailand
- Enoteca della Valpolicella, Italy
- Osteria Domini Veneti, Italy
- Mezza9 by Grand Hyatt, Singapore
- Refettorio Gastromotiva, Brazil
- + 10 Mauritius Pilot Project
- FLW reduction