Extend Shelf Life
Farming, Processing, Retail, Logistic, HaFS
A plant growth regulator (methylcyclopropene) that blocks Ethylene receptors to slow down the ripening process of fruit and vegetables to extend shelf life by days or weeks.
One third of the world’s food is wasted according to FAO, of which 42% (645 MT per year) is fruit and vegetables (1).
Extending the shelf life of fresh produce is a major challenge that can be tackled by reducing the respiration process. Hazel Technologies has developed a simple sachet that releases methylcyclopropene that blocks Ethylene for up to 3 weeks. By inhibiting Ethylene absorption, the ripening process is slowed down.
The sachets are a tailored technology for different types of fruits and vegetables. Each sachet will protect around 10 kgs of produce.
- WP Produce
- Kingsburg Orchard
- Orchard View Cherries
- FLW reduction
- 01/04/2022 – Hazel Technologies Partners With The Fredericksburg Peach Company®
- 21/01/2022 – Hazel Technologies sets up in Singapore
- 17/01/2022 – Hazel Tech reaches $1.5MM in USDA funding with recent grant
- 22/11/2021 – Hazel Technologies Expands to West Coast
- 20/09/2021 – Hazel Tech partners with Jasmine Vineyards for table grapes
- 13/04/2021 – Hazel Technologies Closes $70 Million Series C Financing